Protection of privacy
What the GDPR means for you
Existing customers: In order for you to continue to be informed, the GDPR rules require you to give your 'consent' again and agree to regular communications being sent.
The type of information we collect from you and how we use it has not changed. The data will never be shared with anyone outside the Maison Ghibli environment.
This is a simple renewal of consent to allow us to use the information you provide and to send you updates you request, such as newsletters, promotions, offers and news. You can also request access to your data at any time and, as always, change your email preferences in Login to your account.
1. About this Privacy Statement
1.1 This is the Privacy Statement (hereinafter referred to as the "Statement" of Maison Ghibli). Jérome Martineau is the data controller for the purposes of the Statement.
1.3. We will post any changes we make to the Statement on this Website or communicate them to you by email.
1.4. The current Statement is dated 25.05.2018.
2. What personal data do we collect about you?
2.1 We collect personal data that you provide to us, for example, by filling out a contact form, registering for an account, using interactive features, subscribing to a service, participating in a marketing promotion, ordering a product or service, requesting information and/or materials or participating in surveys. Such personal data may consist of :
contact information (e.g. name, postal address, e-mail address and mobile or other telephone number);
purchase and transaction information;
payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorisation number or security code, shipping and billing address);
customer service information (such as customer service requests, comments and repair history);
a user name and password;
information about your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and product experiences and contact preferences;
photographs, comments and other content you provide;
contact information you provide about friends or others you would like us to contact; and
information we may obtain from our third party service providers.
2.2. We collect metadata, including details of your visits to the Website, such as traffic data, location data, IP address, browser information, session data, your preferences, settings, weblogs and other communication data, which we monitor during your interaction with the Website.
3. On what basis do we process your personal data?
3.1 We process your personal data for the purposes stated or for purposes which are obvious at the time of collection and to which you have consented, for example by ticking a box; or for which we are required by applicable law, e.g. to comply with data retention requirements relating to data relevant to financial reporting; or which are necessary for the performance of a contract, for example when you order items; or for which we rely on other legitimate interests, which include:
- gathering market intelligence, promoting products and services, communicating with you and making tailored offers to you;
- delivering and improving our products and services;
- managing relationships with consumers, customers, vendors and others, sharing information with internal stakeholders, implementing security procedures and planning and allocating resources and budget;
- Monitoring, detecting and protecting the organisation, its systems, networks, infrastructure, computers, information, intellectual property and other rights against malicious intrusions, unauthorised access, disclosure and acquisition of information, data and system breaches, hacking, industrial espionage and cyber attacks;
- protecting and developing industry standards; sharing information about individuals or concerns that may have a negative or detrimental impact; and following industry best practice; or
- compliance with industry standards, regulatory and other requirements relating to fraud prevention and anti-money laundering.
4. For what purposes do we process your personal data?
4.1. We process your personal data for the following purposes:
4.1.1. If you fill in a contact form with your name, email address, telephone number, preferences, etc., we use your data to answer your questions, to send you information or to perform other tasks at your request.
4.1.2. If you open an account with us, we process the data required to open the account, such as your name, address, e-mail address, password, profile picture, data from third party accounts (if you register through your Facebook account, for example), etc., to enable your registration and the management of your account.
4.1.3. If you use our interactive features, we process the data required for you to use those features and manage their use, e.g. by including your name and email address in a leaderboard and sending you updates about the online games you have played.
4.1.4. If you are an existing customer, we may send you advertisements about our products and services using, for example, your name and postal address.
4.1.5. If you subscribe to a service such as our newsletter by providing us with your email address and name, we will use this information to send you our newsletter.
4.1.6. If you participate in a marketing promotion, then we use the data we request from you to enable your participation, for example, to administer your invitation to an event or to determine and contact the winner of a competition.
4.1.7 If you order a product, material or service, we need to be in possession of and process the data necessary to fulfil your order, such as your name, telephone number, delivery address, credit card information, e-mail address, etc., e.g. to confirm your order, process your payment, check your credit rating, deliver the items ordered and contact you for delivery.
4.1.8. If you respond to one of our surveys and provide us with personal data such as your name, age, occupation etc., we use this data to analyse the results of the survey and draw conclusions.
4.1.9. If you consent, upon request, to receive marketing information, we then use your data to send you promotional materials and other communications, to communicate with you about and administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, surveys and market research, to provide you with advertisements about our products and services, to tailor your use of the Website, your marketing experience and communications to your preferences and our terms.
4.2 We may process your personal data in a centralized system to enhance your brand experience by tailoring our marketing and communication efforts to make them as relevant and useful to you as possible (profiling, for which purpose we may process, compare and enrich your personal data with data received from your interaction with us or third parties. For example, if you provide us with your age, income, hobbies or travel activities, we may compare this data with your purchasing behaviour and other information obtained from you in order to present you with offers, invitations or promotions that we believe are particularly relevant to your interests.
4.3. We process the metadata we collect from you in order to improve our Website, to analyse traffic patterns and Website usage, for targeted marketing purposes, to develop and analyse statistical and demographic data or to optimise our online presence and marketing efforts.
5. To whom do we disclose and transfer your personal data?
We may disclose your personal data to the following recipients or categories of recipients for use on their own behalf and under their own control (data controllers):
5.1.1 Our parent company Semic Distribution.
5.1. We may disclose your personal data to the following recipients or categories of recipients who act on our behalf and/or as partners (subcontractors), to the extent necessary to fulfil their obligations, who are contractually bound to respect an adequate level of data protection when processing your personal data (e.g. to fulfil orders, deliver packages, etc.) to fulfil orders, deliver parcels, process credit card payments, provide customer services, send mail and e-mails, store and process data, host websites, remove repetitive data from our customer lists, analyse data, provide marketing support, carry out customer satisfaction surveys, provide tailored advertising content);
5.1.2 Tournon Group:
5.1.3 Our data processing centre in France;
5.1.4. Our third party service providers.
5.2. We may disclose your personal data to an acquirer if Maison Ghibli or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal data that [Maison Ghibli] holds about its customers will form part of the transferred assets.
5.4 We may transfer your personal data internationally, including to countries that are not considered to provide an adequate level of data protection by the relevant regulatory bodies, for example to countries not considered by the European Commission. In such cases, we ensure the adequate protection of your personal data by ensuring that recipients subscribe to binding contractual obligations that comply with applicable standards approved by the relevant regulatory bodies or through other safeguards, including self-certifications approved by the relevant regulatory bodies. You may contact us for a copy of the contractual and other safeguards in place (see section 9 below).
This Website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to one of these sites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Please check these privacy policies before providing any personal data to these sites.
6 .How long do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data :
- until you revoke your consent for future processing, for example by unsubscribing from our newsletter or deleting your account with us;
- until we are sure that you are satisfied after you have approached us, e.g. in order to order a catalogue, request information, make an appointment or reservation etc., but not later than twelve (12) months after the last contact, unless we can rely on another reason, we have informed you otherwise or you have given us your consent for a longer data retention period;
- in connection with a purchase or customer service transaction made by you, until the completion of the transaction, plus at least the warranty period, to which we may add a grace period in your favour, unless we can rely on another reason, we have informed you otherwise or you have given us your consent for a longer data retention period;
- for as long as you remain our business partner, plus ten years, unless we have another reason, have informed you otherwise or you have given us your consent for a longer data retention period;
- for as long as we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. under data retention obligations based on accounting or tax law and regulations.
7. Why do we need your personal data?
If you wish to enter into a contract with us, e.g. if you order goods or services, we are obliged to ask you for a certain amount of personal information in order to enable you to enter into this contract, e.g. your name, delivery address, place of residence, payment information or contact details. If you decide not to provide us with the requested information, we will not be able to enter into this contract with you.
8. What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- request access to, correction or deletion of your personal data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, including objecting to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
- to ask us to provide you or any other person or entity designated by you with a digital file of your personal data (data portability).
You may withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data for the purposes indicated at any time.
In order to exercise the aforementioned rights, you may contact us as described in the following point.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the competent authority.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about exercising your rights, you can contact us as follows
Postal address: 45, rue Broca - 75005 Paris
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org